If you want to know more about the emerging church and what it means and what it stands for, this is the book to read. The book is full of quotes from articles, interviews and books from the leaders of the emerging church movement. I thought I understood much of what was meant by the emerging church movement, but was surprised to find out that I only had part of the picture. Sadly, the part I didn't understand was the most disconcerting to me. I find it hard to believe that people who truly understand what is being said by these leaders would still attend their churches, but the numbers prove that people either have no understanding or don't seem to care. Read this book and protect your doctrine.
Is the emerging church movement just another passing fad, a more contemporary approach to church, or a bunch of disillusioned young people looking for answers? In fact, it is actually much broader and is influencing Christianity to a significant degree. Grounded in a centuries-old mystical approach, this movement is powerful, yet highly deceptive, and it draws its energy from practices and experiences that are foreign to traditional evangelical Christianity. The path that the emerging church is taking is leading right into the arms of Roman Catholicism and ultimately to an interfaith perspective that has prophetically profound ramifications.
Some topics this book addresses:
• Ancient rituals and practices brought back to life
• The Eucharistic Evangelization
• The emerging road to Rome
• Contemplative spirituality and mysticism
• The emerging church's view of Hell and the Atonement
• How the emerging church considers biblical prophecy and the future of planet Earth
• The key catalysts of the emergent church
• Purpose Driven ecumenism: Part of the emerging church's new reformation
• How emerging spirituality is altering missions and evangelism
• Understanding the emerging church in light of Bible prophecy